Occupational Health Professional - LPN/LVN
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers direct care for employees at site according to medical directives within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act in the applied state. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
- Provides compassionate, quality care to employees.
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc. Adheres to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of employees' personal health information.
- Participates in health and safety teaching of employees.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local healthcare providers, and third party administrator (TPA).
- Conducts all assigned and additional job tasks within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care in a professional and effective manner.
Maintains accurate documentation and assists in departmental medical records upkeep.
- Provides appropriate documentation of all care provided in a professional and effective manner.
- Keeps department clean and orderly.
- Notifies Occupational Health Manager and designee of any pertinent physical and emotional changes of symptoms presented by employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
- May require travel.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree of Nursing or Diploma Nursing Degree required. BASIC SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience.
Must be on call one weekend a month.
Must be able to work other hours/shifts as needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Current LPN license in state of employment. Must obtain certification in urine drug screen and breath alcohol collections. Current CPR/First Aid/AED card required.
Schedule: 2PM-10PM. Requires flexibility of schedule.