Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a Mechanic to be based out of Chino. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor , this person will be responsible for ensuring the safe operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
What you’ll do:
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Provides break and lunch coverage for the Machine Operators
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
What you’ll bring:
- Must be able to work 12 hour shift
- Be able to work occasional Saturday
- Must have at least 3 years of Maintenance Mechanic experience with heavy machinery and mechanical equipment
- Experience in maintenance and/or repair of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Experience with troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
- Must have basic mechanic tools on site
- Must have technical understanding and knowledge
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Complete all required training
- Have developed relationships with the key stakeholders for this role
- Be well-versed in Atkore’s Business System and the importance of your role to daily operations
Who we are:
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We’re committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!