California Faucets is looking to bring on a 2nd Shift Material Handler. This role is based on-site in our Huntington Beach, CA facility. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, full-time from 2:15 pm to 11:00 pm.
Join the California Faucets Team!
For over 30 years, California Faucets continues to dominate the industry in providing custom-made manufactured bath and kitchen products out of our factory in Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 1988, California Faucets began with a simple premise: to deliver high-quality and customizable decorative faucets in a timely manner, while providing unparalleled customer service. Thirty years later, these principles remain the core of our company culture. We sell primarily through plumbing showrooms and specifiers such as architects and contractors and offer both stock and highly customizable products. That makes our supply chain, as well as our manufacturing environment, a bit more complex than most, but we don't believe in mass-produced products.
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our people, we’re truly unmatched! If you’re looking for a fast-paced, innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options for employees
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and more
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance Program
Additional voluntary benefits are also offered! Come be a part of something great!
Job Description/Essential Duties:
The Material Handler is responsible for ensuring that the production departments are fully stocked and have the products/materials that they need to fulfill orders and move products quickly. They maintain the flow of merchandise through production systems and perform quality control measures to ensure that quality-checked merchandise is available to the production departments as needed.
In addition to these duties, the Material Handler will also have the following additional responsibilities:
- Receiving purchase orders (PO’s) into ERP computer system from outside vendors.
- Scanning tickets into the ERP system and producing labels.
- Reviewing the incoming orders for accuracy by counting the parts and checking against packing slips.
- Physically unwrapping vendor orders, visually inspecting parts, reconciling PO for count and quality.
- Wrapping, inspecting, and labeling finished parts.
- Processing receipts and putting away parts into stock locations.
- Picking parts from inventory locations and performing cycle counting.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy, including physical and system inventory.
- Loading and unloading delivery trucks to ensure that each incoming delivery matches the company PO.
- Identifying when a product is missing or damaged from an order.
- Carrying and transporting materials utilizing material handling equipment, such as handcarts, a Standup Forklift, and with company vehicles.
- Driving replenishment products/materials between multiple warehouses.
- Actively participated in problem-solving, process improvement, and helping all team members finish daily tasks.
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the warehouse locations, accurate labeling, verification, and troubleshooting discrepancies.
- Responsible for acting as a daily key holder and maintaining building security.
The Following Personal Attributes/Skills are Required:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to read and count accurately and perform basic math.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as a Standup Forklift. Do not need forklift certification as we will train.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with an ERP system.
- Adaptability/flexibility when encountering problems. Must be able to communicate discrepancies to team leader and be able to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, persistence.
Education and Experience:
The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. The ideal candidate has at least six (6) months of experience performing similar work in a related field.