Technician will assist tThe Maintenancehe Maintenance Manager in maintaining optimum asset health for all plant/facilities equipment, food processing systems, and structures by performing inspections, preventative maintenance, lubrication, repairs, adjustment, and modifications to support and to ensure work environment safety, food safety, and quality management systems requirements. Furthermore, The Maintenance Technician assists The Machine Operator during pre-operational equipment setups and startups, changeovers, equipment troubleshooting, and completion of production activities to provide a forward looking approach to identify and to resolve equipment issues, and to keep production lines operating efficiently.
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance as identified through inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Supports production, quality, warehouse, sanitation, and administrative staff with daily repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Completes scheduled work orders according to repair requests and preventive maintenance programs.
- Performs pre-operational and end of production activities inspections of all equipment and structures to identify and to avoid potential production disruptions.
- Assists in maintaining requests, orders, receiving, distribution, and accountability of inventory of parts, chemicals, equipment, and general maintenance supplies.
- Adhere to all maintenance programs with regards to work environment safety, food safety, and quality management systems.
- Performs PLC’s programming, troubleshoot, and set up.
- Maintains and repairs equipment such as conveyors, bucket elevators, forklifts, speed reducers, metal detectors, forklifts, form/fill/seal film packaging equipment (Hayssen Ultra and Hayssen Novus 350), scale systems (Ishida), case erectors, case coding and marking systems, and palletizing equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic and hydraulic systems which may include programing logic drives controllers (Allen Bradley drives, Mitsubishi, Yascawa & Woods), Panel View 900 & 1000 & CTC (touch screens and operation troubleshooting), variable frequency drives and set parameters accordingly, AC/DC power
- EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience in food processing or manufacturing industry may be considered in combination with education requirements.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Work as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment, preferable from the Food industry experience, in sanitary design for processing and packaging for the food industry, and strong background and knowledge in mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, and general building repair.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies, and procedure manuals as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management. Must be able to speak, read, write and fully comprehend English language. Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- REASONING SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and give instructions, oral or diagram form.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Knowledge of Computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations for business document writing, report and presentation, and mathematical calculations.
- PLANNING/ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Must have ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently, and developing realistic plans.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others as well as maintain constructive working relationship.