Preventative maintenance and repair of ferrous equipment and conveyer systems.
- Preventative maintenance and repair of ferrous equipment and conveyer systems.
- Perform basic maintenance duties (fabricate, install, read blueprints, and other basic maintenance requirements)
- Prioritize and execute jobs given by supervision.
- Operating various types of welding equipment.
- Complete necessary paperwork for each job.
- A clear understanding and adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions (both inside and outside, varying heights)
- Complete 4,000 hours of OJT along with completion of classes at IVY Tech-2 year program (Technical Certificate)
- All other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate forklift, skid steer, and wheel loader (preferred).
- Knowledge of conveyors and drives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more consistently.
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.