2nd Shift Machine Operator - Skilled
- Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Impress Manufacturing Inc. ** Share Job**
** Job Description**
Responsible for all activities associated with running machine including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up print and die cut sections of in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run.
- Inspect all dies before and after to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed. Train and assist Helpers with job duties on the machine.
- Cross-train on other machines.
- Switch duties with First Helper as necessary.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data. Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment. Switch duties with Helper as necessary. Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor. Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED. Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following: Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- 6 months’ experience as a Press First Helper.
- 6 months’ experience in the Press and Finishing Department.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new