2ND SHIFT MACHINE OPERATOR (Mon-Thur 4:30pm-3:00am)
***HIRING BONUS***FOUR DAY WORK WEEK***
We are a well-established, Omaha based manufacturer with over 65 years of providing quality products to our clients. Phillips Manufacturing is the one-stop shop for drywall finishing accessories, lath, stucco accessories, metal channels, interior framing and fire rated assemblies with facilities around the country.
Why join the Phillips Team?
- Work with a great team of people we like to call “family”
- Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full Time employee benefits include:
- Competitive Pay with shift differentials for 2nd shift
- 4 Day work week
- Weekly production bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long and short term disability
- Life/ AD&D Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Assistance
- Safety Boot reimbursement
- Safety Training
A Machine Operator operates a machine maintaining continuity of operation at maximum production consistent with proper safety and quality requirements.
- Read work orders or follow oral instructions to determine appropriate work to be completed.
- Inspect and prepares machine for operation.
- Continually observe, check and maintain machine to insure proper operation. This can include but is not limited to monitoring and maintaining steel and paper coils, restocking of supplies, glue levels, and temperature settings, coolant levels, and lubrication of the machine components as required to ensure proper operation.
- Ensure the quality of the final product meets specifications by using gauges, tape measures, micrometers, and calipers.
- Place finished product in cartons, or bundle according to production requirements.
- Place finished cartons or bundles in proper holding carts; may require further bundling for outgoing shipment.
- Operate a hoist in a safe fashion, when necessary, to maintain continuity of production.
- The ability to perform all the physical requirement listed below.
- Produce legible and accurate production reports.
- Responsible for proper housekeeping of the rolling mill equipment, its components, and surrounding area.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality, including being available for overtime whether offered on a voluntary or mandatory basis.
- Observe all plant safety rules and regulations, wear proper safety attire at all times.
To perform successfully
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically
- Follows policies and procedures
- Uses time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Must have the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment including the use and types of materials/tools, method and work instructions
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
Monday - Thursday 4:30 PM - 3:00 AM, Friday as needed.
40 Hours per Week