The Machine Operator 1 is responsible for operating various machinery throughout the production floor, including a Press Brake, Punch Press, CNC Laser to create parts for our manufacturing projects. This position will be for our 2nd Shift Manufacturing Operations.
- Operates various machinery (press brake, punch press, laser) to manufacture parts from sheet metal or metal plates.
- Prepares, sets up, programs, and adjusts machines as required by product plans and production schedules.
- Ensures that there are sufficient raw materials available.
- Measures and aligns materials to be used.
- Inspects products, evaluating finished pieces for compliance with quality standards and specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance on the machines, as needed.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate or learn to operate machining controls.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow product plans including blueprints and drawings.
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Basic computer and math skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience operating machinery (press brake, punch press, laser).
- At least one year of experience in metal fabrication or related work preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds at a time
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor