Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We're looking for a Machine Operator for our Avondale, PA mulch and soil manufacturing facility.
- Starting pay rate is $20.10/hr based on experience (plus $1/hr shift differential for 2nd shift)
- 2nd shift will be 4:30PM-3:00AM M-F (plus occasional Saturday during busy season)
The Machine Operator will be working at one of Scotts production plants mechanically combining raw materials to produce our finished product.
The Operator must understand the mixing of active solution vessels, premixes & all raw material bases for products produced.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Operate a computer controlled production system for multiple raw material ingredients that are processed in a mix room.
- Solve daily operations problems with limited supervision.
- Actively maintain good housekeeping standards in their assigned area
- Complete daily job checklists & equipment checks/calibrations to maintain quality.
- Maintain accurate records of raw materials, samples & equipment operations.
- Operate a forklift to transport materials
- Perform safety audits on equipment
- All other duties as assigned
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box
- Place parts in semi-automated machines
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
- Maintain activity logs/downtime sheets
- The perfect person will have:
What you’ll need to be successful:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one plus years of production plant experience is preferred.
- Able to identify all materials used, detail oriented, follow safe practices and procedures, ability to read English and or follow directions
- Able to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/ rainy weather, lift 50 pounds, and be able to climb ladders and work on their feet for the entire day.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime including weekends and holidays.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 13 holidays
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law