Responsible for hanging live chickens in moving shackles. Must always use and maintain personal protective equipment, and work in compliance with all company policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines, and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Pick up chickens by their thighs, placing both feed onto moving shackles ensuring feet are securely caught.
- Control hydraulic bar with leg for continuous flow of product.
- Comply with all company policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines, and local, state and federal laws, and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate.
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended shift hours.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Hatchery or relative poultry industry experience.
- Basic math functions and skills.
- Follow departmental and company safety policies and programs.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Stand up to 8 hours.
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Frequent exposure to heat (incubators are 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Exposure to wet and dusty environment.
- Frequently reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
- Roll and push buggies (~1,000 lbs.).
- Work around raw, live animal odors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.