****This position is 2nd Shift and offers a Sign On Bonus of $3,000 and a Shift Premium****
The lead machinist is a highly skilled individual, who has leadership capabilities. They will be responsible for the planning, management, and execution of the 2nd shift operations, as well as leading a team of machinists. Responsibilities will include managing daily output to meet company goals, maintain employee safety, staffing, training, and performance management. This individual will oversee lean initiatives and seeks continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility. This is a working lead position.
Operate and maintain lathe, milling and boring bar machines
Obtain job folders from Department Foreman.
Execute daily 2nd shift schedule as directed by the Plant Manager, communicate scheduling concerns, if any, to Plant Manager as they arise.
Troubleshoot and help resolve issues that may occur on 2nd shift, communicate issues to 1st shift management team
Help develop and provide support to other 2nd shift employees, as required
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of machining experience; have previously worked with different types of machines
- 3-5 years experience working as a lead machinist, or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience with inspecting first pieces, doing quality checks on work
- Experience with Mastercam programming and editing, and Fanuc controls, preferred
- General knowledge of steel material types and conditions and their effect on the manufacturing process.
- Familiar with milling and turning tools, offset adjustment and tool replacement.
- Ability to read and understand general machining and geometric tolerances.
- Proficiency in using basic measuring tools: micrometers (ID & OD), calipers, etc.
- Extensive experience with CNC equipment, programming, tooling fixturing, speeds & feeds, operating sequences.
- Have experience in a "job shop" environment -low quantities, highly technical/large pieces
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
- Can obtain results through others, work collaboratively as needed
- Basic understanding of ISO 9001:2015 specifications
You should be proficient in:
- ISO 9001 Certification Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
- Boring Mill (Doosan, Toshiba)
- CNC Lathe (5+ axis) (Dmg Mori Seiki)
- Horizontal Machining Center (3-4 axis)
- Horizontal Machining Center (5+ axis)