The 2nd Shift Lead will direct the activities of the Turning team members and will be responsible for scheduling their daily work for and meeting weekly production KPI’s (metrics).
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the 2nd Shift team, mentor, and motivate team members, ensuring individual and group productivity.
- Act as communications hub for the team, disseminating pertinent and timely information.
- Schedule routine production functions, as well as special production needs and preventive maintenance of machines.
- Monitor production flow, using data indicators to schedule workload, ensuring output meets customer timelines.
- Maintain and improve production efficiency, initiate, and implement continuous improvement projects, train team members, and work with manufacturing engineering to implement new processes.
- Perform hands-on setup and operation of machines
- Troubleshoot the work of your team members.
- Assume responsibility for quality output as a participant in administering the company’s Quality Management System.
- Implement lean manufacturing practices.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a team leader or hands-on manufacturing supervisor.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in fast paced, highly precision, contract manufacturing operation.
- Proven supervisory, verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Time management, scheduling, and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining extremely high-quality standards.
- Strong PC skills (Windows, Outlook, and Excel)
- ERP experience (e.g., Epicor) is a plus.
- CAM Programming skills (e.g., Partmaker, Mastecam) are a plus.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize resources based upon needs.
- Knowledge of lean enterprise.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.