Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We're looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator for our Avondale, PA mulch and soil manufacturing facility.
- Starting pay rate is $20.10/hr based on experience (plus $1/hr shift differential for 2nd shift)
- 2nd shift will be 4:30PM-3:00AM M-F (plus occasional Saturday during busy season)
The Heavy Equipment Operator prepares organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader, pushes or relocates piles to ensure segregation of materials. Supplies production with a continuous supply of material. Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat, turns stockpiles, extinguishes small fires and ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, snowblowers and other pieces of equipment.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by management and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty environment.
- Ability to work in all weather elements, including heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to climb in and out of equipment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment.
- Qualifications for the position
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- One or more years of experience using medium and/or heavy equipment.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law