Job ID: 399741
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of workers' activities related to the setup, installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery to ensure to non-stop operation of the plant/location assigned.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assist and direct workers in the diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair
- Direct workers engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing equipment, parts, and machinery
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interprets company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers and assigns duties
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of the product
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed
- Studies production schedules and estimates workers hours requirements for completion of job assignments
- Implements preventative maintenance programs/monitors existing programs
- Keeps management informed of activities
- Coordinates maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of shop, department or work crew
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists workers in solving problems
- Motivates workers assigned to achieve goals and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Maintains time and productions records
- Coordinates with other supervisors and departments to ensure optimal use of resources, time and equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Responsible for supervising assigned workers including hiring, firing, disciplining, motivating, evaluating performance and developing personnel assigned
- Responsible for keeping attendance and productions records, identifying potential problems and managing them appropriately
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in training, education or experience plus at least 5 years of experience as a head mechanic, or equivalent combination of experience, training, and education
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electric and other types of malfunctions of machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Ability to train others
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, instrumentation, hydraulic and pneumatic operations, programmable controllers and their application, maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Lift tools, machinery parts, and other objects weighing up to 80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping, and reaching
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.