Job Location: East Coast Fresh LLC - Laurel, MD
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Diploma
Salary Range: $22.00 - $34.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Category: Manufacturing
***Four (4) Ten (10) hour shifts per week. Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat. Start Time would range from 12p-2p***
Founded in 1992, The Coastal Companies has emerged as the leading supplier of produce and dairy in the Mid-Atlantic and a leading regional processor of fruits and vegetables. With the addition of Hearn Kirkwood, The Coastal Companies has further expanded its capabilities in prepared foods, ready to eat products, and grab-and-go. The company and its subsidiaries – Coastal Sunbelt Produce, East Coast Fresh, Hearn Kirkwood, and Lancaster Foods - operate facilities in Baltimore/Washington and greater Richmond. Through a fleet of over 300 trucks, The Coastal Companies delivers daily to foodservice customers and major retailers along the East Coast. With a commitment to food safety, quality, service, sustainability, and staff development, The Coastal Companies has established itself as an industry leader.
The Electrical Maintenance Technician, will be working within a 24/7 warehouse/production environment providing operations and maintenance services. The selected individual will have responsibility for ensuring that the facility's equipment is kept in good working order by providing electrical/mechanical repair to enable a continuous production mode.
- Organize and facilitate maintenance on all production and facility equipment with emphasis on maintaining equipment up time and to resolve quality and production related issues in the spirit of of continuous improvement, including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Installation, modification, and fabrication of equipment and systems to meet production needs and schedules.
- Ability to inspect & perform preventive maintenance (weekly, monthly) on food processing/manufacturing equipment.
- Read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoot programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Use electrical test equipment as needed for repair and troubleshooting.
- Repair and rebuild electrical and mechanical components.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
- Ability to enter work orders, data and updates on Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Effectively communicate between shifts with managers and supervisors regarding work status/issues.
- Maintain a variety of records and prepare reports for management review.
- Responsible to complete or initiate work record sheets in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) – Maintenance Connect. Maintains logs and other required records and reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement in safety, quality, and housekeeping.
- Follows established safety practices and requirements while performing all duties.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds • Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces.
- Physical activities may include climbing, balancing, stooping, standing, walking, pushing / pulling, lifting, reaching, use of fingers to grasp items and components, and repetitive motions. This position incorporates the necessity to communicate with other departments verbally and through electronic mediums.
- Must be comfortable working in a cold, wet, refrigerated environment and wearing proper PPE.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess no less than (5) five years hands-on experience.
- Must have formal training through prior work experience and/or from a trade school or technical college.
- Technical certification in electrical maintenance preferred
- Previous facilities experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Must be "hands-on" and assist in completing electrical maintenance work
- Background in working with outside vendors and contractors preferred
- Able to work in a fast paced, cold, wet, refrigerated environment
- Ability to understand maintenance publications in order to obtain proper parts and equipment needed for repairs
- Experience wearing and utilizing proper PPE
- Experience with electrical repair equipment, welding equipment and procedures (stainless steel equipment)
- Flexible in schedule and willing to work overtime as needed
- 18 years of age
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check (following a conditional offer of employment)
- Able to work eight plus hours (8+)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
The Coastal Companies
9001 Whiskey Bottom Rd. | Laurel, MD 20723