2nd Shift Distribution Supervisor
Atkore is forging a future where all Atkore brands, suppliers, employees, customers, partners and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and protect the world. With approximately 3,900 employees and 65 manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore manufactures electrical conduit, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions and is a recent recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification. Atkore’s commitment to quality, delivery and value helps customers realize their vision. Atkore forges relationships and shapes the future with breakthrough results, enhanced technology, and innovative product offerings.
We are currently searching for a Distribution Supervisor to be based out of Philadelphia, PA. Reporting to the Distribution Center Manager, this person will be responsible for coordinating all distribution functions on 2nd shift for the Philadelphia location, including safety programs, shipping & receiving, inventory management, and warehousing. .
Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate & plan all 2 nd shift activity in the distribution center facility, including the timing and location for carriers to be loaded as well as other departmental requests and reporting on that plan. Schedule and assign distribution center employees to work, including scheduling OT, providing corrective action, and tracking performance.
- Monitor inventory using the Atkore Cycle Count Program and adjusting inventory when required. The goal is to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy and understand the root cause for exceptions.
- Assist in investigating and resolving distribution center issues on 2nd shift as they arise such as shipping complaints, scrap requests and other requests as they come up
- Drive consistency and cost reduction through the creation, implementation and adherence to standard work.
- Track and report carrier performance and adherence to service levels such as the 24 next day ship program and commercial metrics.
- Achievement of financial objectives for shift by managing controllable expenses.
- Follow all company policies, rules and procedures including good housekeeping, monthly safety meetings, safety rules, and incident reporting and investigation.
- Maintain positive interactions with internal and external customers calling upon the facility.
- Assist in developing and implementing processes to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics.
- Achievement of financial objectives by assisting with controllable expenses.
- All other assigned duties Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High School diploma required.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a Distribution Center, with focus on receiving, picking, and shipping.
- Experience in managing distribution center KPI compliance.
- Expert in development and mentoring of all distribution center team members.
- Track record of continuous improvement in safety metrics and program management.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills that have resulted in strategic and tactical goal attainment.
- Experience participating in cross functional Kaizen and Lean events.
- Comprehensive oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with JD Edwards and RF Smart preferred.
- All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the plant environment can be loud. Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. The manufacturing plant is not climate controlled. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety glasses, hearing protectors, hi-visibility uniforms, and metatarsal steel-toed work boots.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!