2nd Shift : Depalletize/ Palletizer Machine Operator
Founded in 1937 with manufacturing and distribution centers in West Sacramento and Anaheim, California, Nor-Cal Beverage Co. has been a Deary family owned and operated company for the last 80+ years. We have developed the relationships, infrastructure, support, and expertise to empower our customers and partners to thrive. As the largest independent contract packager west of the Mississippi, we are proud to serve such beverage-industry leaders as Coca-Cola®, Arizona® Iced Tea, Hansen’s® Beverage Company, Monster Energy® Company, Florida’s Natural® as well as Nestle® and others. From bottling and canning, to distribution, to equipment installation and support, we make it happen! If hard work, good pay, and an honest-to-goodness spirit of teamwork appeal to you, apply today!
Shifts: 2nd Shift
Location: Anaheim, CA
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service **
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Summary: This position operates the packaging machines for the manufacturing of beverage products by performing routine, repetitive duties. Job includes performing cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet GMP standards. Operation includes packaging beverages in cases using various machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Preparation of case machines and all downstream equipment for operation.
- Daily operation of case machines, which includes the startup, adjusting machine settings, changeovers, and cleaning of Depalletizer, Case Packer, Case Coder, Video Jet, Palletizer, Stretch Wrapper, Shrink Tunnel, and all other related equipment.
- Operation of Forklift, certification required.
- Tear down packages for quality checks.
- Monitor production line, performing visual checks for problems such as pileups, jams or glue that isn’t sticking properly.
- Perform machinery parts changeovers between different product runs which includes handling vacuum drum, feed roller, star wheels, rolling cart, etc.
- Clean conveyor, pans and lubricate machinery as needed.
- Verify work orders.
- Make adjustments to glue pattern on labels.
- Check adhesive/glue type and fill as required.
- Check glue temperature setting.
- Visual check of closures and caps (hourly).
- Visual check for proper and accurate label application (hourly).
- Check for proper and accurate bottle code (startup, hourly, after changeover).
- Operates machinery using a touch screen computer.
- Operate floor scrubber.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Notify Supervisor when material/package quality issues are observed.
- Notify Supervisor/Maintenance of any equipment issues.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Work scheduled shift, weekends, and extended hours as required.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
- Able to troubleshoot problems on label machines.
- Has foresight and understanding of process to be proactive vs. reactive.
- Takes initiative.
- The ability to adapt to many situations is essential.
- Ability to train others
- Ability to understand, record and communicate product description and codes.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Strong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Three to six months related work experience and/or training;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in math.
Language Skills: English is required, and the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, push, and pull. The employee is regularly required to climb up and down stairs, and perform repetitive motions. The employee is regularly required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, lift, pick/pinch, or grasp. The employee must frequently lift and /or move 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as operate production machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer-----M/F/D/V