Opportunity to learn and grow in the print industry $2,500 HIRING BONUS!
Job Title: 2nd Pressman
Reports To: Plant Manager
Come join our team!
To support all phases of production on a web press with inline finishing, assist First Pressman, and perform First Pressman duties as needed.
1. Provide proper preparation and operation of press including ink, plates, blankets, and inline solutions; perform assigned duties and tasks to meet the production and quality standards of SG360.
2. Maintain finishing attributes of printed material within specifications (folds, cut-off, dies, coatings, pads, glue).
3. Insure quality of inkjet imaging including position and synchronization.
4. Follow proper work procedures to assure color; adjust and maintain inking and dampening system; help solve problems when they occur.
5. Perform checks to assure that press is within proper specifications.
6. Train other crew members, especially feeder and general worker; improve own skills to be able to back up first pressman or takeover in absence of first pressman.
7. Provide general maintenance and housekeeping for the press.
8. Provide proper balance and adjustment of solution mixtures and levels.
1. Perform work and duties as requested to meet our production needs and to provide superior customer satisfaction.
2. Report time and production results accurately, be on time to work, work overtime when requested to meet the needs of our customers.
3. Improve skills, suggest improvements, cooperate with other departments, and improve knowledge of SG360 and the graphic arts industry.
4. Follow proper work procedures, comply with SG360 policies and obey safety and security rules such as monitoring safe press operations including proper guarding.
1. Two years of previous web offset printing press experience as an apprentice following experience as a third pressman.
1. Must be able to occasionally lift 30 to 65 pounds.
2. Must be able to walk, stand, or climb for entire work shift for 12 hours)
3. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.