- Responsible for the preventative maintenance of all assigned plant equipment, including service, repair or replacement of gearboxes, bearings, chains, belts, etc.
- Ensure the mechanical and physical integrity of the production equipment.
- Reduce the production down time as a result of mechanical failure.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance measures are completed on a timely basis.
- Assist Mechanics as needed to complete machine repair and/or equipment troubleshooting
- Assist 1st shift production departments for a timely set up.
- Properly and safely use maintenance shop equipment (drill press, lathe, pneumatic tools, etc.) to complete projects.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications/Personal Characteristics:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or relevant training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to work at a self-motivated pace and with little supervision.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
Physical Activities Required:
- Extensive walking and standing
- Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Bending, twisting, stooping