Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation in the Bedding, Furniture, Industrial, Home & Office, Healthcare, and Transportation markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North America, FXI has built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find FXI’s foam innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless applications. Everywhere foam goes, FXI’s innovations lead the way! Won’t you join us?
Primary Job Duties:
- Install machinery, equipment, and related systems in a workmanlike manner with minimum supervision and showing initiative in the solutions of routine minor problems arising in the course of a project.
- Use proficiently all hand and power tools, measuring instruments, diagnostic instruments in the performance of duties.
- Be familiar with machine shop equipment and be able to use with a reasonable level of skill.
- Read and accurately interpret hydraulic, electrical and mechanical prints and drawings.
- Use arc welder and oxygen-acetylene torch.
- Layout and construct jigs and fixtures for use in production operations.
- Maintain all machinery, equipment, building components, in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Be a participant on Plant's Emergency Response Team. Wear required PPE; including a respirator or SCBA for chemical cleanup.
- Install and maintain feeder and branch circuit wiring including single and three phase systems.
- Programmable Logic Controllers – hand wiring and ability to write and modify programs.
- Layout and install rigid and EMT, IMC, conduit systems for feeder and branch circuit wiring in accordance with National Electrical Code and approved practices.
- Know the requirements and interpretations of the National Electrical Code and maintain the ability to apply the knowledge.
- Have thorough knowledge of electronic devices, i.e. electronic flow meters, encoders, servo motors, sensors, photo eyes, etc.
- Monitor and maintain plant service equipment consisting of air conditioning and heating systems, hot and chilled water circulation systems, chiller, cooling tower, boiler, feed water system, water softening system, air compressors, etc.
Reading comprehension skills to understand written communication.Must work with high voltages and around moving equipment.Lift 60 lbs. from floor, bend, twist, climb, and crawl and able to work at heights.Communicate in English.Attention to details and good math skills required.Pass post offer drug screen and background check
Previous Manufacturing Experience Preferred
Must have High School diploma, GED, or Journeyman Card
Must have minimum 4 years experience as a maintenance millwright and electrician
Two year technical degree preferred