Job Title: Lift Truck Operator
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Anaheim / Fullerton
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service **
Medical benefits-eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits-eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Summary: The lift truck operator is responsible for the timely, accurate loading of outbound shipments, as well as receiving and storage of finished goods from production line or inbound transfer trailer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Operates forklift, current forklift certification required.
- Complete daily forklift inspection sheets and submits report indicating forklift condition.
- Refill water in forklift battery when needed.
- Accurate loading documenting of outbound and inbound shipments of finished goods.
- Receiving and shipping empty bottles and can loads.
- Properly documenting any changes on Bills of Lading.
- Transfer finished goods from production line to storage rack or transfer trailer.
- Proper documentation of product location movement.
- Notify Warehouse Supervisor of any discrepancies on Bills of Lading.
- Complies with truck loading procedures, including chocking wheels, correctly placing trailer stand and glad hand lock, as well as other aspects prior to loading or unloading trailers.
- Uses corner boards, pallet straps, pallet inverters, and airbags correctly.
- Builds loads and/or pallets according to customer requirements.
- Lock and seal trailers.
- Perform Yard Goat duties as needed, if certified.
- Clerical duties, including working in warehousing systems, e.g., SAP, and ILS.
- Assist with physical inventories.
- Operates Floor Scrubber, Foamer, Pressure Washer, and other equipment in the normal course of completing duties.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Conduct daily business in a “self-directed” manner.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Work scheduled shift, weekends, and extended hours as required.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
- Average math skills and basic computer skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One-year related experience.
- Forklift Certification, required.
- Warehouse experience in the beverage or food manufacturing industry preferred.
Language Skills: English is required, and the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Amount of Travel Involved: N/A.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, twist, climb, and occasionally stoop, kneel, or squat. The employee must regularly push, pull, lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently push, pull, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer-----M/F/D/V