Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world–from the world’s tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better®
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the General Sales Manager, manages the Quote process along with Territory Sales Managers for New Construction as well as Facility Sales. Direct work with Sales Reps, estimating, and customer care is also a part of daily activity. The Inside Sales Representative will work directly with clients in territory along with the territory manager to drive sales, specifications, and customer satisfaction to increase repeat and new business. Generation of quotes, bidding, and administrative tasks are also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Responsible for assisting in achieving sales targets and objectives in assigned territory
- Maintains and Organizes Company Bid Board
- Maintains an organized and detailed customer bid list
- Increases margins while maintaining or growing market share for different product groups within assigned territory.
- Collaborates and Works with outside and inside take off teams
- Updates Salesforce.com with all information needed for the sales pipeline
- Prep of new orders to be passed off to the Sales administration group for entry into the ERP system
- Maintain regular contact with customers
- Estimating and submitting bids to various customers hitting specific deadlines, includes bid prep on eRapid system
- Frequent communications and negotiations with internal and external support personnel to expedite delivery, drawings and other customer support requirements
- Collection of Market Intelligence and reporting back to sales team during meetings
- Engages customers with a compelling sales message targeted towards their specific needs or areas of interest. Uses call screeners effectively. Presents a clear sales message that links product features, application and benefits to specific customer needs. Responds clearly to customer objections and eliminates sales barriers.
- Organizes sales efforts for territory account management. Prioritizes, organizes, and schedules callbacks to customers in a computer calendar/diary program.
- Interprets individual customer requirements and makes appropriate recommendations for company products; determines customer requirements for new products and services and introduces new products to ongoing accounts.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of company products and competitive products; must be familiar with company products and components, product applications, pricing procedures and sales polices.
- Determines pricing and issues price quotes based on customer, market and established pricing guidelines.
- Delegates requests for information, complaints or service of a technical nature to the Post Sales department for analysis or disposition.
- Coordinates qualified projects, quotes and orders with Territory Sales Managers as needed and warranted, informs them of potential sales leads where business cannot be closed over the phone.
- Documents, updates, and maintains customer contact database
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
- A minimum of 2-3 years successful sales experience in a related industry
- A technology diploma or engineering degree would be an asset
- Working knowledge of the construction tendering process- stipulated sum, construction management, design build is desired, but will train the right candidate
- Experience or knowledge with reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications is preferred but will train the right candidate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office products and Salesforce.com CRM systems or equivalent is required
- Self-motivated, self-starter that works well independently.
- Confident, energetic with a positive attitude and friendly voice that sells.
- Team player suited for small office environment.
- Must be comfortable and confident in working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate outstanding organization skills in scheduling their workload.