Audio Visual Field Engineer - Kenilworth, NJ (AVE)
What part will you play?
As a Field Engineer you will focus on commissioning and deploying Audio Visual systems for Diversified’s customers. Commissioning of systems involves the testing, fine tuning, and correcting of issues in the designed system.
The FE will travel to both customers’ sites, as well as Diversified’s fabrication facilities. The FE should be able to solve technical issues as they arise and be able to communicate with the project teams and clients effectively.
What will you be doing?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commission Audio Visual systems in the field. The FE will optimize settings in the equipment to ensure the system is operating as designed. Audio, video, control, and networking equipment all have different optimization and adjustment needs.
- The FE will work closely with the system programmer to ensure the control system is functioning as intended.
- The FE should be able to write and modify any audio DSP files (Biamp, QSC, etc.) as well as, coordinate control of the DSP with the control system programmer.
- The FE should be able to load, test, and troubleshoot all control code from the control system programmer (Crestron, Extron, AMX, etc.).
- The FE should stay up to date on all current technology, including firmware and common field issues.
- The FE must be able to diagnose and solve system issues. The FE should also share any findings back to the internal team.
- The FE should be able to provide outstanding customer service, as well as hands on client training for deployed systems.
- The FE will provide daily updates to the Project Manager and project team members as needed.
- The Field Engineer needs to be knowledgeable on a wide variety of equipment and different manufacturers. A deep understanding of audio, video, control and networking systems is important. This position requires coordination with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure success. This position includes traveling to numerous customer sites to commission multiple systems.
- Maintain a billable utilization of >80%.
- Provide a detailed commissioning report to the PM after every visit.
- Properly use the Quality Assurance tool to ensure through testing of each system.
- Records all pertinent details about equipment in the Project Portal.
- Sends constructive feedback to the design team on ways to improve system designs and efficiency.
Decision Making Authority:
- The FE typically will be working alone after the installation is substantially complete, but still will coordinate with other team members to ensure a smooth project completion and good communication. Project managers, engineers and others will be available to answer questions.
Physical Working Environment:
- The FE will primarily be in the field at customer sites. This will range from a construction site that requires PPE, to a finished space that the customer is occupying.
- Occasional travel by airplane will be required for some projects.
- Must have the ability to work safely from ladders.
- Regular use of both hands to work with tools and computer keyboards
- Good close and far corrected vision is required.
What do we require from you?
- High school graduate of GED equal required
- Networking experience and/or certifications
- ISF Certification for displays
- Five or more years directly related experience as an Audio-Visual technician.
- AVIXA CTS Certification is required
- AVIXA CTS-D or CTS-I is preferred
- DSP certification from one or more of the following manufacturers: Biamp, QSC, BSS
- Level one programming/configuration certification from Crestron and/or Extron
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Excellent Verbal and Written English Skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Field installation and/or system design experience is desired
- Significant experience with audio, video and network-based systems and equipment
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at [email protected] Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771. Apply Now