What You'll Get:
Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, basic life insurance, ESL, FSA/HSA, and more. 401(k), 15 PTO days, 9 company-observed holidays, and 5 personal floating holidays. Tuition reimbursement, and more.
A safe working environment where protection from and mitigation of COVID concerns is a top priority
Opportunity for advancement
You’ll work with a terrific team of Data Aire people ranging from long timers to those who have more recently joined us.
Who We Are:
Data Aire is part of the Construction Specialties’ group of companies. Data Aire is headquartered in Orange, California. Building on more than 50 years of experience, Data Aire produces innovative solutions to meet developing precision cooling demands. We are a solutions -driven organization with a passion for finding creative answers by working with our customers through a consultative process. Our precision air control equipment and intelligent energy management solutions serve customers worldwide in diverse applications ranging from edge computing and collocation data centers, to markets such as telecom, archives, government, agriculture, airports and higher education. To learn more about what we do, visit us at www.dataaire.com.
Here is how you can geek out with us.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for maintaining all shop tools, equipment, vehicles, building and grounds, and all related outsourced services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Plans maintenance and repair work to minimize impact on production in a 108,000 sq. ft. facility. Production hours are 5:45 am to 2:15 pm.
- Maintains tools, supplies, and equipment required.
- Purchasing duties related to maintenance service and supply issues.
- Schedules and manages repair/maintenance with external contractors as needed.
- Assists with facility maintenance/coordination with landlord.
- Assists with management of facility security and fire system maintenance and management.
- Trains new employees and retrains employees as required in machine use and operator maintenance operations.
- Reports, recommends and updates management on any and all pertinent matters or concerns.
- Promotes safety as the highest priority.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust
- Use diagnostic tools to perform and in support of preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment
- Installs, troubleshoots, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required
- Performs all other duties assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Education: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 – 5 years related experience
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Must have a strong skillset in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Must have basic computer skills (basic PC document filing system, Excel spreadsheets, and Word documents, Outlook).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics and problem solving
- Ability to understand and interpret information from technical manuals, diagrams, blueprints, and work orders
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Ability to operate machinery such as a milling machine, drill press, and saws
- 1 – 2 Maintenance Technicians