Job Location: Paso Robles - Paso Robles, CA
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
The BOH Lead will assist with the responsibility of all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation, cooking, dishwashing, maintenance of quality standards and sanitation. The BOH Lead is a line and prep cook expert and through their strong leadership assists with proper training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, sanitation and cleanliness.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist team members and ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Learn and exemplify company/department safety rules, including safe operation of all kitchen equipment, cleanliness and sanitation practices, policies and procedures
- Assist with training new kitchen employees in all areas of the BOH
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- Learn and gain knowledge of ordering procedures and PARS; understand proper ordering & receiving policies by ensuring all product has been received in correct unit count and condition
- Assist the BOH team with controlling food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Be the plate expert! Ensure all items are correctly plated before leaving the kitchen
- Maintain working knowledge of company & restaurant policies regarding personnel and communicate with the management for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
- Maintain appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas on a daily basis
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points at all times by understanding and grasping the concepts of line checks and quality checks
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in a fast-paced restaurant doing above or similar duties
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests
- Very strong organizational skills. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times even under high volume, stressful times and situations
- Ability to be a strong team player and get along well with co-workers
- Ability to manage and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative, act promptly and be proactive
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to cut, manipulate tools and food items, cook, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to smell and taste. The Employee must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive starting pay range at $20/hr
- Back of house team is included in the tip pool
- 50% off employee discount on food, beer, and merchandise
- Periodic beer giveaways for employees 21+
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our employees
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) with 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing and 4% matching (21+)
- FSA plan to save tax money on out of pocket medical expenses
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.