This position will allow for multifaceted experience within the Orizon Aerostructures – Chanute Assembly facility. The Engineer will verify productivity rates and processes to ensure efficiencies are attainable and processes are scalable. This includes the implementation of “Lean Manufacturing” techniques in a meaningful and practical way as well as development and training of standardized operating procedures for each assembly process.
Opportunities and Responsibilities:
- Creation and review of production planning as assigned on new programs including but not limited to BOM’s, ERP Routings, and Work Instructions.
- Maintain engineering documentation in accordance with internal and external requirements within the ERP system and local file server.
- Engage Production Supervisors and employees in developing lean manufacturing techniques which will lead to cost reduction and improved efficiency.
- Perform time studies of assembly products/processes and provide detailed analysis to ensure actual hours are being forecasted.
- Provide lean manufacturing ideas to reduce assembly product/process hours.
- Assist in RCCA activities for nonconforming product to define and develop permanent corrective actions that drive measurable results.
- Metrology inspection utilizing Laser Tracker and T-Probe to verify product conformity to all customer engineering requirements.
- Completion of AS9102 requirements for new assembly products prior the first shipment to the customer.
- Complete reviews/audits of existing QMS forms and work instructions to validate adherence to the AS9100 standard.