2022 Mars Wrigley Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Internship
The Mars Internship Experience Program combines diverse experiences and continuous learning for students with an investment in you that’s personalized to you. Your team will guide you through our learn-on-the-job environment as you develop the ability to apply new skills to future challenges. Humble-and-hungry students will quickly find that our unique culture grows the person, as well as the professional, and opens up opportunities to be one of our top full time associates to explore many distinct careers as a leader across functions, segments and geographies within our purpose-led global organization.
If you’ve set your sights on development, the Mars Internship Experience is a great place to start. The Mars Internship Experience is a 10-12 week summer program providing excellent depth of experience with various real world Mars projects. You will also have exciting professional and social engagement activities throughout the experience that provide opportunities to network with your Intern peers all the way up to senior leaders. The challenges are real and impactful; and will stretch you like never before. It’s a high-powered story, right from the start!
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for humble and hungry, agile students who have a drive for results, a desire to learn, and who can quickly build relationships.
- We are looking for students who are passionate about engineering and the consumer products industry
- Desired majors include: Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering majors
- Students will intern the summer prior to their final graduation date (typically rising seniors)
- We have internship opportunities in the Chicago area, New Jersey, Tennessee, Texas, and Georgia. Please indicate on your resume your location preference(s).
- Open to students legally authorized to work in the U.S., without the need for current or future work status authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug & background screening
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Lead a cross functional team in the development of a Food Processing or Packaging Improvement Project
- Analyze data and develop ways to reduce waste in packaging and processing systems
- Be a key member of a cross functional team in the development and execution of product line or flavor extension (new production lines / high automation)
- Project lead for continuous improvement initiatives in a confectionery plant
- Project lead for a safety or quality food safety project focused on hazard and risk mitigation (manage scope / schedule/ budget)
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.