2022 Intern- Electrical Engineer- Williamsport, PA
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with detailed design of electrical and electronic assemblies.
- Performing analysis, integration, and testing.
- Contributing to concept development as part of internal cross-functional design teams, including prototyping and production support.
- Assisting with preparation of high-quality formal engineering documentation such as drawings, presentations, specifications, design presentations to customers, test plans, and test reports.
- Supporting proposal activity, providing input to cost estimates and risk assessments.
- Assisting with product development and producing technical white papers.
Actively pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Experience with or class exposure to the following is a plus:
- AC and DC power and motors, motor controllers, and brakes
- Power converters
- Batteries (Lithium)
- Power FET circuit design
- 3-phase AC power
- Statistical analysis
- Tolerance analysis
- Embedded control, classical and modern control theory, and sensors
- Fault tree development
- Programming and algorithm development
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.