2022 Associate Production Planner- Williamsport, PA
Identify and evaluate the ever-changing demand/supply environment utilizing modeling tools to proactively ensure a balanced production plan. Resolve issues driving imbalances to ensure on time delivery of parts to teams.
- Provide long range 30 + day look ahead to Lycoming to identify shortage issues and facilitate workaround planning.
- Responsible for identifying potential out of balance conditions between demand and supply over the planning horizon. This includes identifying critical long pole shortages, capacity constraints and/or schedule imbalances resulting in a unrealistic flow rate.
- Responsible for coordinating actions necessary to align supply to demand. This could result in coordinating actions with Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations Management, etc. Including the realignment of demand through direct facilitation with the demand owners.
- Supplies directional input to the individual production and refurbishment cells based on informational analysis and direct interface with Planning Manager.
- Coordinate any major activity relating to the factory floor that may affect the scheduling of jobs or available net capacity of critical constraints (i.e. machines down, manpower adjustments, missing machine group codes, etc.) and adjust the plan as needed.
- Accountable for managing the shop loads and developing plans for balancing critical resources while working with manufacturing supervision in their efforts to produce the end product and obtain the most effective utilization of equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Team member with a customer service focus and a bias for results-oriented action
- Supports delivery of product to the customer
- Accurate and timely delivery of data in support of the refurb and production cells
- Constraints identified and monitored
- Work collaboratively across functions
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Decision making skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task