Job Location: Paso Robles - Paso Robles, CA
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
From $19/hr (DOE), plus tips! $200 Sign-On Bonus!
The Firestone Walker Taproom Restaurant in Paso Robles, CA is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Prep Cook to join our team. We are looking for someone that is passionate about food, has a “can do” attitude, and enjoys working with people.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Prepare appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of food products served
- Consistently understand and comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
- Must be over 18 years of age or able to show proof of a work permit if under 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel at all times
- Ability to be a strong team player and get along well with co-workers
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, use hands to finger, handle, feel or cut with a knife and lift up to 40 pounds regularly
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Must be available to work weekends
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive starting pay range at $19/hr
- Back of house team is included in the tip pool
- 50% off employee discount on food, beer, and merchandise
- Periodic beer giveaways for employees 21+
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our employees
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) with 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing and 4% matching (21+)
- FSA plan to save tax money on out of pocket medical expenses
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.