Individuals in Special Projects Lead have a direct role in the chocolate production process from beginning to end. They are responsible for ensuring each piece of candy that comes out of our facility is "Only the Finest" quality that our customer have grown to expect. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directs, controls, monitors, assists and trains employees assigned to a specific area, line or team per Supervisor’s instructions.
- Must be able to communicate with and delegate tasks to team members.
- Operates machinery, equipment and tools in a safe and proficient manner according to standards, guidelines and instructions.
- Maintains records, delivers, inspects and performs all activities required of other members of the area, line or team.
- Must be able to read and understand rules, tapes, scales and thermometers.
- Must be able to read and understand product specifications established by Russell Stover Candies and recognize deviations from those specifications.
- Performs clean-up activities as assigned.
- May be asked to perform other duties as determined by proper authority.
- Must be able to utilize SAP for production purposes.
- Must be able to utilize SAP- Scan Gun sessions.
- Must be able to follow, train, and monitor SOP/QUA’s.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be NWM certified, to include baggers.
- Must be able to set up, and mange production line, and off line projects.
- Must be able to modify shift schedule as needed.
- Must be able to lead employees in all factory departments.
- Must be able to learn specific job duties as required in any factory department.
Basic Job Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read and understand recipes
- Possess basic math skills
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to routinely and frequently stand, stoop, bend and lift overhead during a 10 hour shift
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for the duration of a 10 hour shift
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Founded in 1923, Russell Stover Chocolates is the largest producer of fine boxed chocolates in the United States. It began in Denver, Colorado as a candy business in the home of Russell and Clara Stover. The original candy, marketed as “Mrs. Stover’s Bungalow Candies”, changed 20 years later to Russell Stover Candies. The three principles of quality, service and value allow Russell Stover to remain “Only the Finest”.
Russell Stover Chocolates has sales in all 50 states and Canada. We operate 35 company-owned retail shops throughout the United States and at over 70,000 drug stores, card and gift shops, grocery stores, department stores and retails stores. In September 2014, Russell Stover Candies was acquired by Lindt and Sprüngli, a Swiss based international conglomerate sold in more than 80 countries with production sites in Europe and the US, distributing on four continents.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED/ employer. Principals only please.