We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences, and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
Operate yard tractor safely to remove loaded trailers from the docks and stage empty trailers by priority in the appropriate door. Greet and provide direction to incoming carriers; give dock assignments. Coordinate with the warehouse team to manage the trailer pool effectively in accordance with the dock schedule. Conduct frequent yard checks; proactively monitor and communicate trailer pool status.
Who You Are
Able to direct and supervise others Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment. Team Player, Approachable. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Maintain yard cleanliness and 5S standards. Willing to work outside in the elements (hot/cold/rain/etc.)
- Make 40-60 trailer moves per shift.
- Ensure utmost accuracy of BOL paperwork and trailer seals
- Enforce yard safety guidelines with carriers; provide yard safety suggestions.
- Perform pre/post trip truck checklists; keep equipment clean
- Ability to work longer shifts and/or weekends when necessary. Willing to work outside in the elements (hot/cold/rain/etc.)
- Experience preferred in hauling consumer products and perishable consumer goods (for example, transporting unstable loads or hauling different weights on different trip segments)
- Experience operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (for example, highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, maneuvering in tight spaces)
- Requires working tractor/trailer components, including bending and cranking landing gear as well as climbing in and out of cabs and sitting for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift cases weighing 20-60 pounds
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and DOT physical requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to utilize a computer and basic Excel & Outlook.
- Able to deliver under time constraints.
- Maintain forklift certification to assist with warehouse functions when necessary.
What We'll Give You –
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
$25.00 - $25.00 per hour
The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Moreno Valley, CA distribution center. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.