Sort and identify IB scrap for consumption into commodity or blended sales.
- Sort and identify various grades of IB scrap (bulk and packaged) utilizing handheld analyzer.
- Understand and retain basic knowledge of chemical compositions of stainless/alloy/tool steel scrap materials.
- Pull out any/all non-conforming scrap from loads.
- Safely operate and maintain mobile equipment (forklift / skidsteer).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A clear understanding and adherence to safety regulations
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to stand/work for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more repetitively on a regular basis
- Must be self-motivated team player, anxious and willing to learn new skills
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.