California Faucets is looking to bring on a 1st Shift Shipping Clerk. This role is based on-site in our Huntington Beach, CA facility. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, full-time from 5:15 am to 2:00 pm.
Join the California Faucets Team!
For over 30 years, California Faucets continues to dominate the industry in providing custom-made manufactured bath and kitchen products out of our factory in Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 1988, California Faucets began with a simple premise: to deliver high-quality and customizable decorative faucets in a timely manner, while providing unparalleled customer service. Thirty years later, these principles remain the core of our company culture. We sell primarily through plumbing showrooms and specifiers such as architects and contractors and offer both stock and highly customizable products. That makes our supply chain, as well as our manufacturing environment, a bit more complex than most, but we don't believe in mass-produced products.
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our people, we’re truly unmatched! If you’re looking for a fast-paced, innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options for employees
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and more
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance Program
Additional voluntary benefits are also offered! Come be a part of something great!
Job Description/Essential Duties:
The Shipping and Receiving Department is a fast-paced, high-volume operation where accurate inventory controls and professional shipping and receiving practices are maintained. This role is critical in ensuring California Faucets delivers top-notch service to its customers. Duties of the position include the following:
- Pack orders in shipping cartons and prepare shipments for daily UPS and freight delivery.
- Gather finished goods from assembly personnel and stock items into inventory.
- Prepare shipping documents and schedule freight pick-ups as required.
- Route freight to provide the most economical transport of goods and meet customer requirements.
- Request freight quotes as necessary from established freight vendors.
- Prepare products, spare parts, return parts, and other items for shipment following established procedures for packaging, crating, boxing, bundling, wrapping, strapping, and labeling.
- Inspect freight upon arrival, document any signs of damage, and resolve freight claims in a timely manner.
- Verify receipt of purchased goods from suppliers, locate products, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions according to established procedures.
- Pick parts and products from appropriate inventory locations in specified quantities as necessary to fill orders by following established procedures.
- Visually monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to buyers, schedulers, and others as necessary.
- Cycle count inventory according to established guidelines and assist with developing actions to correct inventory problems.
- Complete inventory transactions to receive and issue inventory as required.
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to move parts to proper locations and load and unload freight trucks as necessary.
- Properly identify and locate all parts according to established procedures.
- Ability to use inventory and shipping software systems.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Following Personal Attributes/Skills are Required:
- Adaptability/flexibility when encountering problems. Must be able to communicate discrepancies to team leader and be able to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment and safe operation of lift trucks and machinery.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, persistence.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required. The ability to operate a forklift is required.
Education and Experience:
- The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- At least six (6) months experience performing similar work in a related field.