SUMMARY: Production Workers will work in production on the manufacturing line in an industrial work environment visually inspecting and manually handling rough or solid wood flooring using repetitive hand movements to move material from one process to the next. Production workers will usually be assigned to one of our many industrial positions such as sander feeder, grader, lugloader, knotsaw, material handler, box maker, operators, etc. based on individual experience and/or ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for following Job Safety Analysis guidelines to ensure safe operation
- Manually handle and inspect product
- Use repetitive hand movements to handle, stack, cut or box flooring
- Un-jam boards when necessary
- Work with sense of urgency in order to meet and maintain production demands
- Maintain work area clean and wood off floor
- Assist in training new employees
- Perform other assigned tasks as needed
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background check, employment verification and drug screening.
- Must have positive and verifiable work history (minimum 1 year with same employer within the last 3 years preferred)
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency at all times in a labor intense non-temperature controlled environment, on feet, using repetitive hand movements.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and stand on feet
- Recent manufacturing experience in the wood industry or other industrial work environment preferred.