Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Production Supervisor is accountable for overseeing the safe, efficient, and reliable production demands of the bakery. Additionally, the Production Supervisor is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters. Supervisor will also be responsible for working with managers, other supervisors, and personnel from other departments to promote a team environment to achieve goals across all shifts. This individual is expected to be a dependable self-starter who has the follow-up skills to produce extraordinary results with integrity while displaying a positive can-do attitude. This position must lead all associates to deliver team objectives of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support and drive all Safety programs and policies. Manage all safety events and verify all safety & environmental notifications are entered in Velocity EHS
- Support all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Quality programs and policies; complete required Quality checks and related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Manage all quality events and verify all quality communications are executed.
- Direct and lead shift operations to ensure production goals are achieved.
- Supervise and direct the work activities of up to 60 employees in all phases of Bakery production, including processing, baking, and packaging, while maintaining crew scheduling and leading employee training activities.
- Verify work order notifications are entered and maintenance escalation policies are executed.
- Direct and lead DDS Gemba walk on a shift basis
- Responsible for post shift reconciliation – verify QA and production documentation
- Responsible for team leader capability training and operator capability training. Develop and maintain a training strategy for shift production personnel
- Drive supervisor handoff meetings and participate in shift huddles
- Develop and maintain a BSO/BQO program for the shift
- Maintain crewing strategy – scheduling, appropriate staffing levels, training matrix
- Conduct reviews and maintain timecards for production employees on shift
- Partner with other shifts and Plant Support Staff to meet daily schedule attainment goals.
- Lead and drive all OPEX activities and initiatives.
- Support SAP goals and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Previous Baking Science accreditation preferred.
- Minimum of three years' previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, trouble shooting, and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of SQF, AIB, HACCP, and OSHA standards.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including excellent communication abilities. (Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and production employees on other shifts, as well as Maintenance personnel and Plant Support Staff, to ensure quality information flow in support of DDS and all continuous improvement initiatives.)
- Results-oriented leadership style with proven problem-solving ability.
- Computer proficiency (SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access) and mechanical aptitude.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.