California Faucets is looking to bring on a 1st Shift Electroplating Technician (Plater). This role is based on-site in our Huntington Beach, CA facility. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, full-time from 5:15 am-2:00 pm.
Join the California Faucets Team!
For over 30 years, California Faucets continues to dominate the industry in providing custom-made manufactured bath and kitchen products out of our factory in Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 1988, California Faucets began with a simple premise: to deliver high-quality and customizable decorative faucets quickly while providing unparalleled customer service. Thirty years later, these principles remain the core of our company culture. We sell primarily through plumbing showrooms and specifiers such as architects and contractors and offer both stock and highly customizable products. That makes our supply chain and our manufacturing environment a bit more complex than most, but we don't believe in mass-produced products.
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our people, we’re truly unmatched! If you’re looking for a fast-paced, innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options for employees
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and more
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance Program
Additional voluntary benefits are also offered! Come be a part of something great!
Job Description/Essential Duties:
California Faucets offers over 30 finishes to its customers. Our product is not mass-produced and is made with artisan's hands. All of our brass fixtures require various forms of metal finishing to achieve the high standards and quality craftsmanship we are known for. This is why the role of Electroplating Technician is such a critical part of our operation. As an employee of the Finishing Department, you will be involved in the following:
- Racking and wiring brass parts and fixtures in preparation for the plating process.
- Submersing (or dipping) parts in various electroplating baths including rinse tanks, nickel, copper, and trivalent chrome.
- Adding chemical solutions to tanks and performing basic testing and analysis of chemical baths.
- Metal plating utilizes various chemical solutions to achieve a desired color or finish. The employee must be able to determine proper finish color and quality meet strict finishing standards.
- After completed parts are removed from the plating line, the technician uses forced air to dry the components and move them forward to the cleaning/QC stage.
- Operating equipment including the powering on and off of filters, tanks, airlines, and monitors.
- Performing additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Following Personal Attributes/Skills are Required:
- Adaptability/flexibility when encountering problems. Must be able to communicate discrepancies to team leader and be able to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, and persistence.
- Visual examination of finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- A sense of urgency and efficiency in all tasks.
- Team player with a positive, “can-do” attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Education and Experience:
- The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- At least six (6) months experience performing similar work in a related field.