Summary:The Packaging Operator is responsible for the set-up, operation, adjustment, and cleanup of packaging equipment. The equipment includes form fill and seal packaging machines, bulk packaging machines, check weighers, metal detectors and case fillers. The Operator ensures that quality products are packaged in an efficient and sanitary manner by performing the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspects and cleans work area prior to beginning operation and at shift end.
- Review’s packaging work order and obtains correct product, packaging materials and equipment set-up.
- Inspects and adjusts equipment prior to beginning operation.
- Completes production reports documenting performance.
- Adjusts equipment during operation to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met
- Dump product into hopper for filling.
- Performs changeover by setting up auger, funnel, tubing and former for specific lines and/or products.
- Loads and sets film for form fill machines.
- May operate foot press to release product.
- May manually pack bas inti cartons are required.
- May manually affix labels to cartons.
- May manually stack cartons onto pallets as required.
- May operate a forklift as required.
- Reports any product quality deviations or mechanical failures to the Team Captain.
- Cleans work area and equipment at end of shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three months related experience (general labor working conditions in a plant and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate with individuals and small groups. Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to interpret graphs.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.