Job Location: West Deptford, NJ - West Deptford, NJ
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Management
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure timely and accurate receiving, slotting, and cross docking of items within the warehouse. This role also plays a part in maintaining the department budget, managing the workflow, and promoting safety and efficiency. Provide proper training, tools and communication for employees to meet or exceed departmental/individual goals. Continually find opportunities for process improvement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work Saturday-Wednesday 6am until finish. Flexibility due to additional days/hours during peak periods is required.
- Supervise a team of 15-20 employees in a work environment that is driven by accurate and timely customer order fulfillment.
- Play a strategic role in budgeting/forecasting of labor and volume, monitoring and managing the daily workload, and meeting or exceeding production and budget goals.
- Must have the strong ability to successfully manage within deadlines, setting goals to achieve both department and company objectives.
- Monitor current processes for continuous improvement and to drive out costs.
- Supervise and lead your team by providing them with the proper tools and supplies to perform their jobs. Continuously evaluate their attendance, performance, setting and communicating goals and providing motivation and feedback when needed.
- Contribute to the Succession Planning goal of continuous development of Work Leaders.
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the management team or different departments both verbally and written.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of the employees within its department.
This position operates in a non temperature controlled warehouse and cooler environment (34 degrees). The employee will utilize warehouse equipment such as Forklifts, Electric, and Manual Pallet Jacks, RF scanners, box cutters, and pallet-wrapping equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and read. This position is very active and requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to adapt to change in a positive manner, and motivate employees through these changes.
- Must have past experience with Warehouse Management Systems. Strong knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Must have previous logistics or warehouse experience with automated or manual processes.
- Prior experience operating forklift, power jack, order picker is preferred. #ZR