Coordinate buying of non-ferrous metals from the public, properly classify/identify material into the appropriate commodity. If applicable, scan identification into the system, as well as properly identify valid metal recycling permit. Ensure compliance with applicable state law and company policy.
- Greet and assist customers in purchasing non-ferrous metal.
- Operate skid steer, loader, and forklift as needed.
- Upgrade material when possible.
- Receive and validate proper identification and permit.
- Maintain a clean work area during and at the end of the shift.
- Sort scrap to upgrade and remove nonconforming items.
- Perform all required preventative maintenance and report any issues.
- Ensure all PPE is in a safe working condition.
- Contact supervisor or manager when equipment needs repaired.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills / customer service skills.
- Pass vision and hearing test.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good judgmental skills.
- Ability to multi-task in priority
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.