Net Weight Monitors have a direct role in the chocolate production process from beginning to end. They are responsible for ensuing each piece of candy that comes out of our facility is "Only the Finest" quality that our customer have grown to expect. The hours are Monday-Thursday 5:15 AM -3:45 PM. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Is responsible for entering all operational parameters into the scales.
- Monitors production to insure lot averages are maintained and recorded, completed accurately /timely with supporting data.
- Responsible for notification to production and quality personnel when lot averages are not met. Will make recommendations for corrective action and repairing lightweight boxes.
- Responsible for calibration of scales and check weigher.
- Will collect and interprets product specific net and tare weight data.
- Enter product specific scale parameters into the check weigher.
- Monitor and record lot averages and weight data throughout production runs and lots.
- Repairing "unreasonably" short weight packages.
- Performing periodic tare weight evaluations and making adjustments, if necessary.
- Conducting verification checks utilizing bench top scales.
- May be assigned other jobs by plant management as required
- TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have ability to routinely and frequently stand, stoop, bend, climb and lift to meet requirements.
- Must have ability to perform math functions
- Must have ability to routinely lift 50#s.
- Body strain from repeated motion.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- 2 Years Manufacturing Experience
- Associates degree
- 2 Years Machine Operator
Russell Stover Chocolates is the nation’s leading manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - account for more than 60 percent of all boxed chocolate sales in the United States through 30+ company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.