PVD Coatings is looking to bring on a 1st Shift Machine Operator Level 1. This role is based on-site in our Huntington Beach, CA facility. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, full-time from 5:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Join the PVD Coatings Team!
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our people, we’re truly unmatched! If you’re looking for a fast-paced, innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options for employees
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and more
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance Program
Additional voluntary benefits are also offered! Come be a part of something great!
Job Description/Essential Duties:
The Machine Operator Level 1 will prepare parts for the finishing process by placing parts on racks and/or baskets according to size/shape. He/she will rack products onto appropriate racks and then un-rack them into specified locations. This entails bending racking pins and wires to securely hold parts for processing. They will work in the finishing stage of the production line and is responsible for loading product into and out of the Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) vacuum coating machines for processing.
Duties of the position include the following:
- Learning fixture techniques for proper PVD processing
- Product handling, including properly fixture onto racks
- Selecting racks according to size, shape, and number of parts to be processed
- Properly placing parts on racks
- Racking and un-racking parts per work order
- Visually inspecting parts to verify finish complies to specifications
- Using extreme caution with customer product and tooling to avoid damage
- Loading and unloading fixture components from the coating machine to maintain production flow
- Maintaining traceability of customer property
- Completing paperwork/tags
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and following prescribed safety regulations
- Performing additional assignments per supervisor's direction
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Following Personal Attributes/Skills are Required:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- A sense of urgency and efficiency in all tasks
- A mechanical aptitude and basic machine shop skills
- Must have initiative and be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, persistence
- Adaptability/flexibility when encountering problems
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative relationships with co-workers
- Must be able to communicate discrepancies to team leader and be able to solve problems and implement solutions
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment and safe operation of lift trucks and machinery
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Education and Experience:
The preferred educational requirement to successfully perform this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. Some relevant work experience is desired, but not required.