Supports the quality lab, production, and shipping departments. It is necessary to supply accurate test results in a timely manner, prioritize work, and perform multiple tasks at one time. It is the responsibility of the Laboratory Technician to notify applicable management of any out of specification conditions in the Aluminum.
- Verify that production samples meet customer specifications (notifying quality manager if have non-conformity).
- Filing samples and data.
- Generating certificates of analysis and statistical data as needed.
- Assay receiving, purchasing, sales department samples for chemical composition with regards to recovery rates.
- Follow and update work instructions as required.
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment, including input of information into equipment.
- Help unload flat beds, roll offs, dumps, and open tops.
- Help load and unload vans in the dock.
- Help cover production breaks and lunches when needed.
- Special projects as required.
- 1-2 years chemistry knowledge (preferred)
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Strong writing skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks at once.
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.