California Faucets is looking to bring on a talented 1st shift Janitor. This role is based on-site in our Huntington Beach, CA warehouse. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, full-time from 5:15 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Join the California Faucets Team!
For over 30 years, California Faucets continues to dominate the industry in providing custom-made manufactured bath and kitchen products out of our factory in Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 1988, California Faucets began with a simple premise: to deliver high-quality and customizable decorative faucets quickly while providing unparalleled customer service. Thirty years later, these principles remain the core of our company culture. We sell primarily through plumbing showrooms and specifiers such as architects and contractors and offer both stock and highly customizable products. That makes our supply chain and our manufacturing environment a bit more complex than most, but we don't believe in mass-produced products.
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our people, we’re truly unmatched! If you’re looking for a fast-paced, innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options for employees
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and more
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance Program
Additional voluntary benefits are also offered! Come be a part of something great!
Job Description/Essential Duties:
California Faucets, located in Huntington Beach, occupies three buildings in over 80,000 square feet of space. Housed within its facilities are a wide variety of industrial functions including warehouse, machining, metal plating, and finishing, assembly, production, and engineering. The role of the janitor is critical for ensuring the general upkeep and cleanliness of company property and helping to maintain a safe environment.
The Janitor is responsible for the general cleaning of the company facilities including some maintenance services for the warehouses, administrative offices, and lobby. This position is involved in the set-up/tear-down of events at the warehouse.
In addition to these duties, the Janitor will also:
- Perform general cleaning of all warehouse spaces.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Clean all warehouse and office bathrooms multiple times a day (at start of shift, and after lunches/breaks).
- Sanitize high-touch areas such as break area tables, doors, microwaves, time clocks, and bathrooms several times a day (after breaks and lunches).
- Sweep and mop factory floors.
- Throw out garbage, plastics, cardboard, and recyclables daily.
- Water plants once a week and clean windows as needed.
- Dust furniture when needed, vacuum carpets, remove stains, etc.
- Help track cleaning supply needs and place orders as needed.
- Assist with other duties in the warehouse based on directions provided by management.
- Performing additional assignments per management direction.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Following Personal Attributes/Skills are Required:
- Ability to read, speak, and understand basic English.
- Must work with guests, vendors, and employees in a courteous manner.
- A sense of urgency and efficiency in all tasks.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Must be able to communicate concerns to team leader and be able to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certificate desired.
- Completion of elementary school education required.
- At least one (1) year of working experience in facility maintenance or custodial work is preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and use hands to finger. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; reach with hands and arms below and above shoulder; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist or crawl. The employee may be required to lift/carry 1-50 pounds when necessary.