DMP Manufacturing Machine Operator Profile
The 3D Systems site in Littleton, Colorado is expanding rapidly and needs a Metals Post Processing Technician to augment the existing team under the direction of the Supervisor of Manufacturing. Our fast-growing team is looking to develop enthusiastic individuals on how to Post Process/Finish 3D printed Titanium, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum product/parts that will continue to drive us as industry leaders.
The following performance objectives will determine job success for this position:
- Flip/Turnover of Laser Machines. Machine Operators will flip/turn multiple Laser Machines daily to prepare for new product builds. Steps include:
- The removal of completed builds/products from the machines and conducting quality checks.
- The preparation of machines for new builds while notating any discrepancies/inconsistencies that veer from typical standards/protocol.
- The starting of machines and oversight of machine function.
- Handling of various types of metal powders.
- Following WI’s/Workmanship Standards. All work done on the Manufacturing floors will be completed by following written/visual WI’s and Workmanship standards. Attention to accurately documenting all tasks performed is a critical driver in satisfying quality/departmental protocol.
- Self-motivated/directed. Working independently and tackling daily goals once tasks are handed out is imperative to our team’s success. Taking the initiative to ensure all machines are in excellent working condition at all times.
- Support Engineering and Quality departments. The technician will work for hand in hand with different departments such as Engineering, Quality, and Development. These are critical/essential relationships that allow us to produce industry-leading products.
- Gather and track machine issues. The technician will use various systems to track machine status and completion of tasks. Excel spreadsheets, Visual boards, and Team Huddles will be used to communicate important information amongst the team.
- Work within a team environment. The Machine Operator team is maturing. Therefore, we have a need for individuals to help build a strong team culture based upon excellent communication. Machine Operators will exhibit drive and dedication in making our department great. Machine Operators will work very closely with fellow Machine Operators, Maintenance Technicians, and Dept. Supervisors/Manager to hit daily production goals. Prompt communication of machine issues is critical in driving our target for minimal production downtime.
- Recognition of Non-Conforming product/processes. Able to identify non-conforming situations/product and use the proper quality protocols to ensure necessary steps are initiated and adhered to.
- Adherence to 6s and PPE. All Machine Operators will follow 6s standards and help to implement them on the production floor. Proper PPE must be worn when instructed to do so by written departmental protocol. Machine Operators will be active participants in our site-wide safety initiatives.
Education & Training
High school diploma or GED Required
We are building a great team and are looking for technicians with possible experience in any of the below fields:
- Machine shop environment.
- Medical Device environment.
- Metal Finishing or part/product finishing.
- Please review the performance objectives above better to understand the critical success factors necessary for this role.
Please review the performance objectives above to understand the critical success factors necessary for this role.
Machine Operators will be required to wear a Full Face, Half Face, and or Powered Air-Purifying Respirator when performing tasks associated with Metal Powder exposure. 3D Systems will provide these.
Furthermore, employees will need to be respirator fit tested during the hiring process and annually after being hired.
- Hourly Range: $14.81 - $20.72 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate, and alignment with market data)
- In addition to a salary, this position is eligible for an annual bonus based upon company performance.
- 3D Systems offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, and company-paid basic life insurance. Sick Leave, Flex (Vacation) Time, Parental Leave, and 8 holidays per year are also provided as paid time off. 3D Systems also provides a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match.