The Packing Lead has a direct role in the chocolate production process from beginning to end. They are responsible for ensuing each piece of candy that comes out of our facility is "Only the Finest" quality that our customer have grown to expect. This Position reports Monday - Thursday 5:15 AM- 3:45 PM. 10 hour days. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directs, controls, monitors, assists and trains employees assigned to a specific area, line or team per Supervisor’s instructions.
- Must be able to communicate with and delegate tasks to team members.
- Operates machinery, equipment and tools in a safe and proficient manner according to standards, guidelines and instructions.
- Maintains records, delivers, inspects and performs all activities required of other members of the area, line or team.
- Must be able to read and understand rules, tapes, scales and thermometers.
- Must be able to read and understand product specifications established by Russell Stover Candies and recognize deviations from those specifications.
- Performs clean-up activities as assigned.
- May be asked to perform other duties as determined by proper authority.
- Must be able to utilize SAP for production purposes.
- Must be able to utilize SAP sessions.
- Must be able to follow, train, and monitor SOP/QUA’s.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be NWM certified, to include baggers.
- Must be able to set up, and mange production line, and off line projects.
- Must be able to modify shift schedule as needed.
- Must be able to lead employees in all factory departments.
- Must be able to learn specific job duties as required in any factory department.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Lead or supervisor experience a plus.
Russell Stover Chocolates is the nation’s leading manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - account for more than 60 percent of all boxed chocolate sales in the United States through 20+ company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.