Job Location: Buellton - Buellton, CA
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
From $19/hr (DOE), plus tips!
The Line Cook will be responsible for cooking and preparing a variety of food products based on our menu options and recipes using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List. On slower days, work duties will include prepping food and washing dishes. Properly sanitize all areas of the workspace and ensure daily line checks are completed by GM or Sous Chef.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Complete opening and closing checklists
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties
- Use our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees
- Prepare and cook a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of another kitchen equipment
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly according to health and safety standards
- Complete Prep Cook duties and/or wash dishes on lower volume shifts
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation/area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Cook all food product to temperature as needed for guest
- Clean and properly wash all used dishes as needed. Use “clean as you go” standards
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to your manager(s)
- Inform your manager(s) immediately of product shortages
- Perform other related duties as assigned by your manager-on-duty
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests
- Very strong organizational skills. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times even under high volume, stressful times and situations.
- Ability to be a strong team player and get along well with co-workers
- Ability to manage and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Ability to give high priority to customer satisfaction. Ability to take initiative, act promptly and be proactive.
- Ability to clock your time on POS system, utilize hot schedules for scheduling, and utilize HR systems online to access information and complete job-related tasks.
- Prior experience in a fast-pasted restaurant doing above or similar duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to cut, manipulate tools and food items, cook, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to smell and taste. The Employee must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive starting pay range at $19/hr
- Back of house team is included in the tip pool
- 50% off employee discount on food, beer, and merchandise
- Periodic beer giveaways for employees 21+
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our employees
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) with 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing and 4% matching (21+)
- FSA plan to save tax money on out of pocket medical expenses
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.