POSITION SUMMARY – Conduct inspections to determine quality of raw materials, in-process parts, and finished goods. Perform audits on parts, finished goods, and process documentation reviewing each for conformance. Support production with resolving issues or communicating issues to appropriate personnel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT— Must be willing and able to work in an environment exposed to elements that can include but are not limited to coolant, dust, mist, elevated noise, and uncontrolled temperatures.
• Complete receiving inspections on incoming raw materials and supplied components
• Conduct inspections of in-process materials, parts, and finished goods
• Perform audits and complete applicable reports on parts, finished goods, and process documentation
• Participate in containment activities within the problem-solving process for customer and internal concerns
• Help identify problems on the production floor and address or communicate to appropriate personnel
• Assist team in ensuring all tools, gages, and fixtures are calibrated and in good working condition
• Support production personnel in the performance of following the bill of material (BOM), drawings, work instructions, and operator instructions (QIS).
• Assist production in adhering to inspection standards and making decisions based on the defined criteria
• Compile any necessary information, including photos, related to issuing of material complaint notices (MCNs) for communicating issues with supplied items
• Input data into Excel spreadsheets, forms, or other report documents
• Participate in internal assessments and audits as required
• Assist other departments in their normal functions if called upon or need is known
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to stop the production line and/or prevent shipment of product to our customers due to a known or potential nonconformance
• Maintain and support the environmental policy with deployment, governance of the policy and processes, evaluation, and taking actions for process improvement.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
• Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, drawings, and control plans
• Possess organizational skill and a methodical approach to work
• Establish, maintain, and foster cooperative working relations with others in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize workloads and meet project deadlines
• Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or tasks
Education: High School Graduate, GED, or HSDE preferred
Experience: One-year related experience preferred
Computer Skills: Must demonstrate computer literacy; Proficient using Microsoft Office
Certificates & Licenses: