Broadcast Field Service Engineer - Austin, TX (AVE)
What part will you play?
* lead broadcast technical support for:
* harmonizing broadcast systems with the goal of providing a consistent end user experience.
* responsible for all maintenance, service repairs, and preventative maintenance of Audio Visual / Broadcast solutions may include: Video Teleconferencing / Polycom Real Presence; Cisco TelePresence / Acano systems; Barco / Planar / Prysm / VuWall / CineMassive / Prysm / Cyviz displays; Dante; Evertz; VBrick; Cisco Unified Communications; Skype for Business / Microsoft Lync Video & IM; Audio DSP systems / QSYS / Biamp / ClearOne; Digital Signage Systems; Crestron / AMX / Utelogy Controls; Black Magic; Grass Valley; Patch Bays; Ross; Sony; Imagine; Utah Scientific; ST-2110 systems; broadcast decoders; Calrec; SSL; Yamaha; IPTV; Enterprise scale KVM; ClearCom; RTS; Riedel.
What will you be doing?
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide on-site support of broadcast on-air operations.
- Configuration / maintenance of broadcast-centric equipment such as video routers, monitors, cameras, switchers and audio mixers.
- Validate the proper installation, functionality and usage of baseband video and audio subsystems.
- Maintain documentation used in support of broadcast operations, including CAD diagrams and relevant SOPs.
- Provide oversight for planning and implementation of process improvement principles required to maintain Broadcast technologies in critical areas such as video walls, conference rooms, and broadcast events spaces.
- Oversee repair and service of all broadcast equipment while planning and implementing improvements in broadcast equipment.
- Liaise with broadcast contacts on a regular basis, along with inter-departmental teams (Intercompany Onsite Broadcast Support, Executive IT support, etc.)
- Schedule meetings and agendas for broadcast vendors and other departments on a regular basis. Update weekly and monthly status reports with management.
- Perform any and all other duties as necessary - assigned by his/her supervisor for efficient functioning of the department, office and firm.
- Mitigate risks to the firm by operating in a security mindset.
- Participate in and drive continuous improvement activities across broadcast technologies.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance visits to ensure equipment and room functionality is ready for use.
- Responsible for identifying defective or failed equipment and taking ownership to resolution.
- Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for highly complex systems.
- Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, testing, implementation, and operation of all aspects of broadcast related technologies.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of broadcast hardware inventory, and routine testing of portable and installed equipment to diagnose, log and repair discovered faults.
- Other Responsibilities
- Provide customers an elevated level of AV tech competencies & support.
- Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future customer loyalty.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance visits to ensure all customer rooms and systems are operating in an optimum fashion.
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions or appropriate usage.
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues).
- Assemble reports and in-house paperwork to record customer interactions.
- Provide operational support for meetings as required.
What do we require from you?
Education and Training.
- CTS cert from AVIXA + manufacturer certs (AMX, Biamp, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, Poly, or Cisco).
- Competencies in AutoCAD / Visio adequate to read drawings for rack layout & cabling.
- Preference given to Three (3) years of experience conducting site surveys; constructing racks; pulling cable; installing projectors & sub-mounts; crimping / punch-down connections.
- This job will require a technician with both AVE and M&E (Broadcast) support skillsets. The most strongly utilized broadcast related integrated technologies is Evertz AV (Magnum series), and DANTE. There is a regular demand for support related to both of these products. There are also broadcast studio - and pre/post production support of associated technologies integrated within those spaces.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small/cramped places.
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be insurable.
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at [email protected] Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771. Apply Now