Job Location: Buellton - Buellton, CA
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
$17/hr (DOE), plus tips!
The Firestone Walker Taproom Restaurant in Buellton, CA is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Prep Cook to join our team. We are looking for someone that is passionate about food, has a “can do” attitude, and enjoys working with people.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Prepare appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of food products served
- Consistently understand and comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
- Must be over 18 years of age or able to show proof of a work permit if under 18 years of age.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel at all times.
- Ability to be a strong team player and get along well with co-workers.
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, use hands to finger, handle, feel or cut with a knife and lift up to 40 pounds regularly
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive starting pay range at $17/hr
- Back of house team is included in the tip pool
- 50% off employee discount on food, beer, and merchandise
- Periodic beer giveaways for employees 21+
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our employees
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) with 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing and 4% matching (21+)
- FSA plan to save tax money on out of pocket medical expenses
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.